WHETHER AT-FAULT OR NOT, WE ARE HERE TO HELP
As with all motor vehicle accidents, trucking accidents can cause significant injury or even death. The difference between serious injury or death may be even greater due to the size and weight of most trucks, including 18-wheelers.
On highways across the state of Florida, especially in Miami and Homestead, truck accidents have been caused by a wide variety of factors. If you were injured in an accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for damages including pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and more. Some common causes of trucking accident include:
- Improper turns – trucks need significant room to turn and can lead to other vehicles being hit.
- Insufficient time allowed for braking – because of trucks’ massive weight and size, more time is needed to brake but drivers don’t always allow for this, leading to rear-end collisions and serious damage.
- Driver fatigue – typical hours for a truck driver can be long and tiring and not allow for a lot of sleep; drivers getting tired behind the wheel can lead to an accident.
- Jackknife – this is a common trucking error, caused when a truck’s load shifts after a sudden stop, leading to the trailer skidding, turning and putting other vehicles in harm’s way.
- Obstructed views – due to the size of 18-wheelers and other delivery trucks, a driver’s sight can be limited and put other vehicles at risk when making turns or backing up.
- Driver impairment – studies have shown that some truck drivers turn to illegal stimulants to stay awake during long hours on the road; truckers can tire quickly when the drug’s effects wear off, putting others at risk.
- Unsecure truck loads – trucks carry all different kinds of items, all of which must be properly secured to prevent danger on the road; when not done, items can shift or fall off of the truck, potentially causing catastrophic accidents.
- Poorly maintained wheels – when tires aren’t regularly maintained, a blowout can occur, leading to a loss of control of the truck by the driver.
We Are Here to Fight For Your Rights
If you were injured and not at fault, you have a right to claim damages and receive compensation regardless of how the truck accident occurred. A Miami personal injury lawyer can help you determine if you’re owed compensation, such as medical costs, lost wages or pain and suffering. Contact the Law Offices of Leonard J. Valdes today at 305-567-0910 to learn more.
Request A Free Injury Evaluation
If you had an accident you must go to this place. Cozy office. Angie such a good listener, really quick and excellent services. Thank you Mr. Leo Valdes and Miss Angie.